A pressure cooker is a very useful kitchen appliance which makes cooking faster and simpler. Along with saving time and energy while cooking, it also saves the natural tastes, color and nutrients of the ingredients. Visit http://choosepressurecooker.com/ for more information on pressure cookers. Such a useful piece of appliance requires special care and cleaning to increase its effectiveness and life. Here are some tips to remember while cleaning your pressure cooker:
- After you have used your cooker, fill it with warm water along with some washing liquid and allow it to stand for an hour or two. This will allow food to soften to make cleaning easier. Do not leave it this way for too long because decomposing of food can cause indentations in the metal. After this, wash it with warm water using a sponge and some dishwashing liquid or soap. Dry it completely before storing it to avoid any bacterial growth.
- Not all pressure cookers are dishwasher safe. Hawkins pressure cooker for example may be washed in a dishwasher but they may lose color. Read the instruction manual of your cooker to find out if it is dishwasher safe or not.
- Remove the gasket or the ring before washing the lid. Wash the ring separately and be careful not to stretch it as it may lose its shape. Check the condition of the gasket regularly; if it no longer seals or is cracked or broken you will need to replace it.
- Clean the steam vent with special care. After rinsing it thoroughly with water, check to see if there is any blockage by food stuck in the vent. If so, use a wire or a needle to clear the passage. Food stuck in the vent can make future use of pressure cooker very dangerous. Clean it with hot water if required.
- To clean a burnt pressure cooker, fill it to half its capacity with water and add to it 2 to 3 layers of an onion. Place it on the stove and cover it with the lid. Do not lock the lid; we do not want pressure to build up. Allow water to boil for about 30 minutes before removing it from the stove. Leave if for a while for water to cool down a little. Now wash it the normal way with water, dishwashing liquid and sponge.
- To clean an aluminum pressure cooker, soak it for a couple of hours in water and vinegar before washing it. This process will make it easier to remove stains. Excessive use of vinegar however can damage the metal. Therefore, make sure that you only add it in small quantities and rinse the cooker well, to remove all traces of vinegar.
Following these tips and those mentioned in the instruction manual, you will be able to keep your pressure cooker clean and its performance up to standard for many years. Proper maintenance is the key to increasing the life of any appliance.
If you are looking for rice cookers, Best Rice Cooker Buyer’s Guide & many more provides all the information for you.
When you want to buy a food processor the first question you have in mind is; what is the best food processor. Once you have your answers you can go on and get yourself the best food processor there is in the market. Once you have this then you expect to enjoy using your machine forever.
However, a time comes when that same machine starts having some few problems that you have no idea how to fix them. And then the same question of what is the best food processor comes back to your mind and you are left struggling without the right answer.
Do not worry. Here are some of the most common problems that you will find in food processors and how you can easily fix them. These are very common problems that anyone can fix them from home.
- Blunt Blades
As a result of continuous use or too much work even best rated food processor blades become dull. When this happens there is the right way to fix the issue without damaging anything. You will obviously be provided with two options. That is to sharpen or buy a new one.
Here is how to sharpen the blades if it is your preferred option. Get a pair of leather gloves. These should be made of heavy material to prevent you from cutting yourself.
Sharpen the blade by passing it across a whetstone. You should do this repeatedly for around 20 times and alternating the sides. Clean your blade carefully and thoroughly after sharpening.
- Broken Blade
When it is your first time or you are not used to using a food processor you might encounter such problems.However, it is very rare to have a broken blade. You need to know how to use the processor effectively to ensure that the blades are safe.
Here is what to do when you have a broken blade. Start by pulling the blade from the machine’s spindle then empty all the content in the processor. Once you have done this you will have a chance to easily locate and take out the broken parts of your blade. The nest process is to find another blade which you can order online or buy from a close store if you know any.
When you have rust on your blades can be as a result of not cleaning your blades after use or not cleaning them properly. Once you have rust on the blades this can have rust in the food. This is obviously not good.
Here is how to clean your blades to remove rust. You should use steel wool to rub the blades to remove all the rust. Then rinse the blades with enough water to remove all the debris.
- When the Blade is Stuck
Here is how to remove the blade from the unit. One you need to first unplug the machine to avoid any accidents in case you turn it on. Use a pair of channel locks to grab that part of the blade that fits over the processor’s spindle.
You then have to hold the food processor tightly and grab the plastic that is over the spindle tightly as well. Once you are done with this the next step is to pull the food processor blade. In some cases there might be dried food that has accumulated between the blade and the spindle which might make you try several times to loosen the blade.
Do it slowly to make sure there are no damages. Choose Food Processor is a useful resource where you can all in detail food processor reviews, buying guide and much more. Visit is must.
It is every woman’s desire to be the center of attraction wherever she goes due to her curvaceous figure and small waist that makes her look like an hourglass. Such a woman at a function becomes the envy of other women there.
Waist training is one of the most used methods by women to obtain the body shape they desire. One can choose to train using steel boned corsets or cinchers.
If you are a beginner in waist training there are some safety tips that you need to know so that you get the most from your training. Training safely not only keeps from harming your body but it also improves the rate of success on your training. Here are five safety precautions that you should adhere to.
1. Get A Waist Trainer of the Right Size and Type
The size of your corset matters a lot in how well the training will work for you. There are women who think that a picking a smaller size will fasten the pace of their results. No. All you will achieve by doing so is just making your body uncomfortable and you could even affect your health.
The type of waist trainer that you pick should also be the right one for the shape of your body. We all have different types of bodies in terms of shape among other factors. It would be wise to consult an expert in this field to help you.
2. Be Patient
When it comes to waist training, you should never be in a rush to get the results. Some women will tighten their corsets too much with the hope that their waists will slim faster. This is never the case.
Your body cannot readjust itself just suddenly like that! It needs time to take on to the shape.
If you are wearing the corsets for the first time, do not put it on for more than 2 or so hours. This is because as you begin, your body has not yet gotten used to the corset. You will increase the time gradually as you carry on with your waist training. You can find latest best waist trainer reviews here http://choosewaisttrainer.com/.
3. Take Breaks
It does not matter how long you have been waist training or how aggressive you are, you need a break. Breaks give your body time to relax and re-adjust itself as per the shape of your trainer. So, every now and then put the corset aside and give yourself a break even if it’s just for one day.
4. Improve Your Diet
Eating healthily only adds to your advantage in waist training. When you improve your diet, you also get to lose weight.
If you do not change your eating habits and begin eating healthy balanced diets, you will not lose any weight and this only makes it easier for your previous shape to return once you stop your waist training.
5. Final Points to Consider:
- Avoid cinchers if latex is one of your allergens.
- Avoid exercising in your corset.
- If you want to sleep in your corset do not make it too tight. Ensure that you can easily breathe in it and you are comfortable while you sleep.
- Use corsets of the highest quality. It would be better if you used steel bones than cinchers.